Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Start

I don't know why I never really kept up with this but I figured its time to give it another try.  A lot has happened these past few months and I've made many changes in my life.  After having an amazing time in china I decided to leave when all of friends started to return to their home countries.  I had no intention of returning back to NY so I ended up moving to California.  Its been an interesting new start because when you decide to move, especially to a place you don't know anyone you need a few things.  Some of the things I needed but didn't have were an apartment, money, a job, friends, and other things.
 I finally found a job after being here for about a week only problem is the job required a car which would be my luck, so I bought a van for a decent price thinking all my problems would be solved.  Sadly, this thinking didn't last very long when my new van that I bought decided to start overheating.  I guess it serves me right for knowing so little about cars but it left me in a horrible position.  I needed the car for the job and i desperately needed the job so I decided to get it fixed but found out the cost of fixing it would be $1,000.  At this point I almost had an anxiety attack over all of this hitting me at once.  I just kept asking questions to my self like "did I make the right decision to leave China? Should I go back to NY?" I just didn't know what to do.
Thankfully I have a wonderful family who was able to help me out financially so I can get back on my feet.  With there help, I was able to get my car fixed however it took about a week to finish.  During this week, I started training at work which was hell to get to without a car.  I had to take a bus but the only bus that went to my job was from a station that was a half hour walk in the opposite direction.  So everyday for one week I walked a half hour to the bus station then rode the bus for 20 minutes to my job.  I'm sure I made a great impression arriving sweaty and unkempt thanks to the wind and of course they would decide to take employee photos that week.
It was hell, but I was able to complete the week and finally got my car back so for now things are on track.  I still need an Apartment which should come soon and I still need money but hopefully everything will work it self out.  now my only issue is my massive boredom as I still don't know anyone so for the moment I am usually alone.  All I can do is take it day by day and see what happens these next few days.      

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know what is going on with you! There is something special about "starting from scratch" and creating a life for yourself, on your own. I know you have the strength to do it and it will all be worth it! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete