Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Introduction

          Please bare with me for this is my first post and I have never done this before.  For this first post I just wanted to start by introducing myself and what this is going to be about.  Hello, My name is Anthony or Tony, hence the name of the blog... I am 22 years old and come from the wonderful city of Amsterdam, that's New York, not Holland.  But might as well be, seems you can get drugs there just as easily.  Anyway I was living my life working at a great job where I was loved by all except the management...and staff...and I was having a wonderful time being overworked and under paid.  At the same time, I was attending school full time working on getting my bachelor's degree in a field that not too many people care about although they should, that's right Social Work.  I was getting close to the end of my student life and had a full out panic attack of what was to come next.  The plan at this point was to continue working at my job and suffer through it so I could pay off my school loans but then I had a crazy idea. 
          I knew in my heart I didn't want to live in my small city for the rest of my life and I wanted to see what else was out there for me.  I started looking online for opportunities to leave not only Amsterdam, but the United States altogether.  I came across a site that allows you very easily to travel to China and I thought China? Why Not.  All you have to do is look after a Chinese child, play with them, teach them English, basically act as their big brother or sister and in return you get some pocket money, free housing with the child's family and as well as a sum of money to help pay for your flight home.  Well I applied online and before you know it I was booking my flight to China.  I said goodbye to my family and friends and moved to Beijing to live among the Chinese for 1 year.  And thus begins my crazy tales.  I have already been here for a month and a half and have had so many events take place.  This experience hasn't all been good but its mine to have and its what makes life interesting. For example I have already had some issues with the family I was staying with and am currently with a new family but I think I will save that  story for another time.       
Its been a pleasure sharing my tale with you,
*Tony*
P.S. If you want any information about the program im in and how you can apply leave me a comment and I will get back to you. 

1 comment:

  1. I would like information about the program =) Glad to hear you are having a good experience.

    ReplyDelete